Official Rules and Regulations
OFFICIAL RULES OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND IN SUCH COUNTRIES WHERE PAY-TO-ENTER CONTESTS ARE NOT PROHIBITED OR RESTRICED BY LOCAL LAW. ALL CONTEST ENTRANTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY PERSONS AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER OR OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH THEY RESIDE.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Members of the Ocean City Museum Society, Inc., Board and employees of the Ocean City Life-Saving Museum are not eligible.
2. ORIGINALITY OF SUBMISSIONS: All Contest entrants warrant that their entries are original works of the party or parties listed in the entry submission form and that they have the full power and authority to enter their work or works under the terms outlined herein. Any work entered into the Contest is further warranted by the Contest entrant to be free of any matter that is libelous, an invasion of privacy, or is in any other way unlawful; and that it does not infringe upon any statutory copyright, common-law literary right, or proprietary right of any third party.
3. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received and the quality of those entries. No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. Winner will be notiﬁed by phone, e-mail or postal mail, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Return of a prize notiﬁcation or other documentation as undeliverable will result in disqualiﬁcation and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner may be required to complete an afﬁdavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period speciﬁed in the notiﬁcation letter or an alternate winner may be selected.
4. LIMITED RIGHTS GRANTED TO SPONSOR: All Contestants grant to the Sponsor publication rights to the winning entries, to be published in any Ocean City Museum publication, which may be promoted, distributed, and sold. The Sponsor also has the nonexclusive right to reproduce, display, promote, and distribute winning entries in digital form, including but not limited to the Sponsor’s websites, databases, or as part of downloadable digital products in any way associated with Museum competitions. The Sponsor warrants that it shall include in all uses of the winning entries proper attribution, in house style, based upon the contributor information provided.
5. GENERAL: Taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes and not speciﬁed are the sole responsibility of winner. All Winners will be required to complete U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form W-9 or W-8BEN based upon their residency status. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more deﬁned as residing in the United States will be issued an IRS 1099 Form for the value of the prize. By participating, entrants agree
[a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be ﬁnal in all respects relating to the Contest; and
[b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participating in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner,
[c] to permit Sponsor to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agrees to execute speciﬁc consent to such use upon request.
Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:
[a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other technical malfunctions, failures, or difﬁculties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the collection, processing and transmission of data;
[b] lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail;
[c] any type of graphical or other error in the advertising or printing of any Contest or in the administration of the Contest; or
[d] any condition that may cause the administration, security or proper play of the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and in such event Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof and to award the prize(s) from among all eligible entries legitimately received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized Web site address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originate at any other Internet Web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial Contest subscription notiﬁcation and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualiﬁed and an alternate winner selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered at the time of entry. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence that winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Judge’s decisions are ﬁnal and binding.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, by participating each entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning these ofﬁcial rules shall be governed by Maryland law without giving effect to any principles of conﬂicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to any Contest shall be ﬁled only in the state or federal courts located in Worcester County in the state of Maryland, United States, and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any
such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant agrees that:
[a] any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and
[b] any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-ofpocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in any Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and
[c] under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. WINNER(S) LIST: To receive a winner(s) list for the Contest, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received within ninety (90) of the completion of the Contest to: Ocean City Museum, Inc, P. O. Box 603, Ocean City, MD 21843.
9. SPONSOR: Ocean City Museum, Inc, P. O. Box 603, Ocean City, MD 21843. a nonproﬁt 501c(3). Fed. ID # 52-1148499